MESA 2 Rugged Notepad Tablet
Available in a sleek package with the highest-rated protection against water and dust, the Mesa 2 Rugged Tablet can go with you into the harshest of environments.
Running Windows 10 or Android, the new Mesa 2 brings powerful functionality to your mobile data collection, featuring a large, 7-inch, extra-bright display for easily viewing maps or images, all-day battery power lasting up to 15 hours, and of course, the unmatched ruggedness that Juniper Systems is known for.
With a full Windows operating system, you can carry out the entire data collection process from start to finish on your Mesa 2. Snap a photo, record field notes, or capture a GNSS location, and then analyze the data you just collected using the Mesa 2. Its racing-fast processor and lightweight, ergonomic design ensure maximum efficiency and minimal fatigue. With all the functionality of a desktop computer packed into one ultra-tough tablet, the Mesa 2 will truly become your office, anywhere.
POWERFUL WINDOWS AND ANDROID OS
Running on both Windows 10 and Android operating systems, the Mesa 2 provides options for whatever solution you’re searching for. Android is available for users seeking the mobile versatility of this operation system, while running Windows 10 provides users with powerful functionality in the field—making the use of a desktop computer simply… optional.
Having a full Windows operating system also means you’ve got a wide range of data collection software and apps to choose from, making it easy to find a solution that fits each individual need perfectly.
The Mesa 2 Rugged Tablet is built ultra-tough for unwavering reliability in the most rugged conditions out there. As the first Windows 10 tablet on the market with the highest certified protection against water and dust, the Mesa 2 has an impressive IP68 rating, and is designed to exceed MIL-STD-810G for water, humidity, sand and dust, vibration, altitude, shock, and temperature. Translation: This thing is a tank. No matter if you’re working in hot, cold, wet, or dusty conditions, consider the Mesa 2 your office, anywhere.
LONG BATTERY LIFE = MORE WORK DONE
There’s nothing that will bring your work to a halt faster than a dead battery. That’s why the Mesa 2’s battery lasts a full 8–10 hours on one charge to easily get you through a whole work day and even longer. Think you need more than that? You can even opt for an additional internal battery that provides an extra 4–5 hours of runtime, plus hot-swap capability for easily changing batteries during those extra-long days that take you into overtime.
On top of that, the Mesa 2 battery has an outstanding life cycle—so long, in fact, that you shouldn’t need to replace it for the Mesa 2’s entire lifetime! It’s also optimized for strong performance in cold temperatures, meaning you’ll get enhanced battery life, no matter what environment you’re working in.
BECOME A JUNIPER PARTNER
At Juniper Systems, we seek to establish strong relationships with companies that offer total data collection solutions to markets in agriculture, natural resources, industrial, geomatics, public works, military, oil and gas, utilities, public safety, construction, and more. We offer high-quality, rugged handheld computers with long-term reliability, excellent customer service, and unique product customization. If you’re looking for a reliable, rugged handheld device for your solution as well as a long-term business partner, contact us today.
- Size: 5.4″ w x 8.48″ l x 1.36″ d (137 mm x 215 mm x 35 mm)
- Weight: 1.5-2 lbs (680-907 g)
- Durable, chemical- and shock-resistant design
- Easy-to-grip, impact-absorbing, overmolded bumpers
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
- Removable Li-Ion battery, 39 Whr
- Operates 8–10 hours on one charge
- Battery easily changeable in field
- Optimized for strong performance in cold temperatures
- Excellent lifecycle performance
- Optional built-in 19-Whr battery provides additional 4–5 hours runtime and hot-swap capability
- Projected capacitive multi-touch interface for use with gloves, small tip stylus, and in wet conditions
- Optically bonded for increased visibility and strength
- Chemically-strengthened Dragontrail™ High Ion-Exchange (HIE™) coverglass for excellent impact and scratch resistance
- IP68 waterproof and dustproof
- Operating Temperature: -4 F to 122 F (-20 C to 50 C)
- Storage temperature: -22 F to 158 F (-30 C to 70 C)
- Shockproof: multiple drops from 4′ (1.2–1.5 m) onto concrete
- Designed for MIL-STD-810G test procedures: Method 500.5 Low Pressure (Altitude); Method 501.5 High Temperature; Method 502.5 Low Temperature; Method 503.5 Temperature Shock; Method 506.5 Rain; Method 507.5 Humidity; Method 510.5 S and Dust; Method 512.5 Immersion; Method 514.6 Vibration; Method 516.6 Shock
Certifications & Standards
- FCC Class B
- CE Marking (applicable EMC, R&TTE, and LVD directives)
- Industry Canada
- EN60950 Safety
- RoHS 2 Compliant
- Optional Class 1, Div II (C1D2) Non-incendive